This month’s club meeting will be held at the normal location and time.
We will discuss and vote on whether we should become a chapter of the
Gold Prospectors Association of
New Membership: ( ) Renewing Membership: ( )
UGPC Membership Form
Please Print Clearly
Membership Name: ____________________________________________________________________
Spouse & Children: ____________________________________________________________________
City:_________________________________ State:___________ Zip:________________________
Home Phone:___________________________ Cell or other Phone (opt.):________________________
Annual fee Membership per family per year is:
Please Submit payment too:
I have been given permission by the
Signature of Applicant:__________________________________________________________________
Full Name of Applicant:_________________________________________________________________
(Please print clearly)
July 2007 Volume: 25 Issue: 7
Club Officers for 2007
Phone: (801) 965-1662
Phone: (801) 254-8247
Phone: (801) 957-0949
Phone: (801) 942-0236
Phone: (801) 577-6457
Phone: (801) 597-7443
Membership & Equipment Manager
Phone: (801) 566-6328
Phone: (801) 597-4793
Newsletter & Web Master
Phone: (801) 541-9324
Phone: (801) 965-1662
Phone: (801) 254-4793
Hats, Shirts, etc.
Phone: (435) 8824625
UGPC Official Website:
Meeting Location & Time
1355 W, 3100 S,
All meeting are on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Starting promptly a 7:00 p.m. and go until 9:00 p.m.
June’s Winners Corner
Bill Carr II
Joseph C. Hutchins
Terry Bouck *
Name Tag Winners:
*Indicates multi-prize winner
Meeting Dates for 2007
Jan 16, Feb 20, Mar 20,
April 17, May 15, June 19, July 17,
Aug 21, Sept 18, Oct 16, Nov 20,
All meeting are on the 3rd Tuesday of each month and start promptly at 7:00 p.m. sharp and go until 9:00 p.m.
Club Outings for July. 2007
We will be going to Mary Ellens Gulch above
HOPE ALL OUR MEMBERS HAD A
GREAT AND SAFE 4TH OF JULY. NOT GOOD WHEN YOU GET HURT TAKES ALL THE FUN OUT OF
IT. OUR SECRETARY BOYD PICKERING WAS OUT OF COMMISSION FOR A WHILE BY
FRACTURING HIS HEELS BY FALLING OFF A LADDER. HOPE HE GETS BETER. LAST MEETING
WE HAD 64 MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE AND NET DONATIONS WERE $828. GREAT JOB FOLKS. I
AM SORRY THAT I MISSED THAT MEETING DUE TO MY BACK SURGERY, WILL BE HERE IN
JULY. THE JULY MEETING WE BE ON "
THANKS AGAIN PHIL
1) Increased attendance of assumed 250-300 new members of GPAA, new blood, new ideas
2) Claims of UGPC can remain in and under our current control.
3) Increased sale potential of new merchandise (remember it will compete with our current list of goods, a cost analysis will have to be used to assess the profitability of the new line).
4) Renewed or new GPAA memberships will generated credits for merchandise, NOT CASH !
5) Increased potential of selling UGPC memberships ($30.00) to assess claims.
6) Non profit status and help with forms from GPAA ($25.00 and the filing of paperwork can grant the UGPC this status).
7) Mandatory 15 day turn over of records etc. of outgoing officers.
8) Potential GPAA claims ( Not that we are incapable of filing on additional claims).
9) GPAA to provide first merchandise package. What and How many?????
10) Prestige of being a Chapter of a National Organization.
11) Listing as a Chapter in Gold Prospecting @ magazine.
12) No money is paid to the GPAA other than dues which generate credits for merchandise.
13) GPAA helps with advertising and merchandise for shows.
14) GPAA will send out a mailing to all GPAA members within 100 miles about clubs meetings.
15) All chapters in area that were contacted said the only negative they could think of was paying yearly dues. All other aspects of being a chapter were positive.
16) GPAA will help with legal matters.
17) Potential for additional access to claims owned by GPAA members.
18) If being a chapter does not work out then we can get out of the GPAA at any time.
19) Special tax exemption that allow participation in special closeout sales.
1) All voting rights for club officers or items of importance to be by only active GPAA members. Note: According other chapters all members can vote.
2) All 5 elected officers are required to be GPAA members, other appointed officers do not (Increased cost of $79.50).
3) Officers meetings are open to all GPAA membership.
4) UGPC actually has NO elected officers, elected on the GPAA side of club.
5) Amendments to by-laws must be pre-approved by GPAA headquarters.
6) UGPC takes on a secondary role or is subordinate (my opinion) hinted at in Chapter guidelines.
7) Cost of printing by-laws and guideliness for all GPAA members. Must have on hand replacement copies (can charge for).
8) UGPC members not to receive by-laws and guidelines.
9) By-laws for UGPC do not come into play.
10) CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT Your guess as to what this means !!
11) On the 9th page back in your packet, "All chapters will be bound under this contract."
12) Non-compete clause. On 9th page.
13) Angst and ire on behalf of current UGPC membership at losing voting rights without becoming GPAA members.
14) Increased meeting space and rental COST to accommodate the influx of new GPAA members.
15) Remember they are our friends and prospecting buddies....supporting our meetings, drawings, and officers.
NO GPAA claims in the State of
Editors Note: The following 2 pages of interesting information on gold were provided by Richard Thomas who is a long time member of our club!
GOLD!! STABILITY AND BALANCE?
For thousands of years gold has been a store of wealth and an asset of last resort. The value of gold has outstripped the pace of inflation, but at other times it has dropped and lost millions in its value.
From the mid 1800s until 1933 the official value of
gold was $20.67 per
The current world gold price is in the $650.00
range. This means that the
Currently very little gold is transferred between the
trading nations in the IMF. Also, among
most of our trading partners our trade balance is fairly even.
Does this mean that the
On the other hand, if the
Just some odds and ends from Richard Thomas
“The older I get!! The better I was!!
The Rand Refinery in
Everyone has the right to be stupid!
The World Gold Council estimates that the world’s gold production is currently at about 2600 Metric tons per year. This is the largest gold production in the history of the world. But, world wide gold demand is estimated at up to 3200 Metric tons per year. The difference between production and demand is being satisfied by countries selling off their gold reserves.
The World Gold Council’s production and consumption figures for 2005 are as follows:
Producers in metric tons: 1.
Consumers in metric tons: 1. India, 587; 2. United States, 349; 3. China, 241; 4. Turkey, 195; 5. Saudi Arabia, 146.
Another article from The World Gold Council states that the gold production figures for the US are down over 6% for 2006 allowing China’s gold production to move into 3rd place in world production.
Gold production during 2006 in
The world Gold Council’s web site is: www.gold.org.
Richard Thomas “Natures Nuggets”
306 West 200 South
PH: (435) 723-8349
Cell: (435) 730-3388
UGPC Cool Stuff
UGPC Kits, Hats, T-shirts & Decals
Small & Medium $9.00
Large thru 2XL $13.00
XL & 2XL (available in black only) $15.00
Small & Medium $10.00
Large thru 3XL $15.00
(Shirts and Hats are available in a variety of color)
Bumper Stickers $1.00
License Plate Frame Stickers $3.00
Window Decals Small & Med. $1.50
Large Decals $3.00
Panning Sand Bags $10.00 & $15.00
(Every Bag Is Guaranteed to contain gold!!)
10” Gold Pans $3.00
10” Gold Panning Kit $9.00
(Kit includes clean-up pan, sniffer bottle, vial, and panning instructions
Books “Signed by the Author”
Drills and Mills
By: Will Meyerriecks $20.00
UGPC Mining Claims Guide
If you would like to order any of these items they are available at the meetings or by mail order. If ordering by mail please a check or money order for full amount of purchase plus $5.00 for shipping and handling to:
279 W. 500 N. #6
Phone (435) 882-4625 After 6pm
Duane will be happy to send a letter, email, or call you with a list of available
Members advertising is free
Contact: Joyce Littlefield @ 801-566-6328
2 inch dredge $400.00 or best offer.
White’s GMT gold metal detector with many extras. $400.00
Contact Mike Willden (801) 886-1725 after 4:00 PM
Almost New 4 inch
Contact Marge Turner (801) 266-0337
Business advertising is 1 year for $25.00
Chucks Detectors & Prospecting Supply
Whites Metal Detectors
John P. Urses- Owner
SLC Ut 84112 Phone 801-264-9347
J & J METAL DETECTORS
Customer Comes First
WE ACCAPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS
Tues. – Sat. 10am – 6pm
Business that Donated to the UGPC
Pioneer Mining Supply
Frank & Mindy
Auburn Ca. 95603
Prospectors Association of
Temecula Ca. 92590
Phone: (951) 699-4749
These Businesses Support the UGPC
DO YOU SUPPORT THEM?
“SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SUPPLIER, AND THEY’LL BE THERE FOR YOU TOMORROW”